Saturday, 16 June 2012

spring carnival - quilted!

I picked this up just before I went off to Quilt Market, and then with jet lag, the retreat and one thing or another I didn't get around to taking pictures. *slaps wrists*

spring carnival - quilted

Long armed Chris was left to her own devices with this little quilt. I told her not to over quilt it, but to do whatever she felt was right.

quilting close up

I trust her implicitly - she knows exactly what I like and I always like a bit of a surprise, so I mostly don't ask for any pattern in particular, just let her get on with it. She told me she tried to do something far more modern than either of us usually go for. I think she has it spot on - I love the little shapes quilted in the bottom echoing the tumbling pieces, and the quilted border.

quilting close up

This is now going to visit Claire at Patch fabrics ready for an english paper piecing workshop I'm teaching there in September (which isn't advertised yet, but will be shortly, I'm sure). I think it's September 22nd, and will be a full day workshop.

27 comments:

Flying Blind... said...

Love it - I think I will be basting my squares this afternoon, so to speak x

Martina said...

beautyful! I love the sparkling of the quilt.

wonderwoman said...

i think its just lovely and stunningly quilted!

Katy Cameron said...

Love how she did this, especially the tumbling bits at the bottom

Eli said...

Love it! The quilting is fabulous.
I'm hoping to come to the workshop at Patch Fabrics. Already have the templates but might wait till then before taking them out.

Catherine said...

Amazing colours. Love the scrappy bit of binding and the quilting really is inspired.

teacupfaery said...

It's lovely. I'm getting a quilt back from Chris myself this week, I cannot wait to see it.

teacupfaery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo @ a life in lists said...

I love the tumbling bits at the bottom. It has killed the last of my resistance - I have finally ordered a set of spring carnival templates.

maria said...

It's gorgeous, the quilting suits the design perfectly. I hope to get the workshop this time.

emma said...

Stunning Katie!

Mindelicious said...

This is fabulous! The quilting is perfect!

Claire Jain said...

Ah! The quilting turned out so great :-D I completely love it!

Di said...

The quilting makes this quilt even more awesome! Di x

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's stunning!

Carla said...

Brilliant!

Kristen said...

Stunning. Love it. I can't wait to get the pattern and make it one day.

Beautifully quilted, too. :D

Kuka said...

I LOVE this - it looks AMAZING!

mascanlon said...

Lovely quilting and the blocks are amazing. I am trying to stay focused on Hexy MF...templates, papers and fabrics on the way. I truth it'll be like the 3 yr plan!

ladybugquilting said...

Looks fantastic, Just waiting on my templates to make this Quilt.

Anonymous said...

kudos to you and Chris!

Lisa
Lalexander733(at)gmail(dot)com

diane said...

Beautiful

Pippa said...

Oh wow-- this is SO beautiful! And the quilting is awesome.

Jenn said...

Oh I love the quilting! It adds an additional twist of modern to a traditional quilt block! Beeutiful!

CitricSugar said...

I love this quilt, especially the way the pieces fall away at the bottom. She echoed that so nicely in the quilting - wow!

Artsy-Craftsy Ivy said...

I love this. It's gorgeous. I may at some point order the templates, but it looks hard--like double wedding ring or single girl quilt hard.

lemony lucy said...

That quilting just made me happy. Its so great that it echoes the disintegration of the shapes. Well done the pair of you!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive