Monday, 14 July 2014

makin' it cute with Fat Quarter Shop

A little while ago Kimberly and her team at Fat Quarter Shop asked if I'd like to be a part of the blog event for the makin' it cute petal packs templates that they and me and my sister designs have designed as part of the it's sew emma range.

Of course, I said yes. Duh.

My petal packs got a little lost in the mail, and only arrived late last week, so I haven't had a chance to play with them properly, but I am planning on adding those little flowers to pretty much everything that stands still. Including the cats.


With the school holidays happening right about now, and the kids getting fed up with the same old tricks I think these would make a really fun project, whether from fabric scraps, paper, felt...anything really. They're simple to use, the template material is sturdy without being too stiff. You just draw around the template shape, layer, stitch and cut. (There's a video here if you need a visual.) Even little kids would enjoy playing with the flower shapes, if a grown up did the cutting.


If you head over to the Jolly Jabber there are 20 sets to win...go on...get yourself over there! I'm going to get cracking on a flowery garland for my sewing room - I think it'd be great!


3 comments:

Billy'sgirl said...

Can't wait to see what you do with them. They are so cute, and the creative possibilities are endless! They are going on my shopping list (unless, of course, I win some).

Katy Cameron said...

I think Snoop needs a Flower behind his ear too, Fatty and Noodle should get all the decor ;o)

Katy Cameron said...

*shouldn't. Good grief!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive