Thursday, 24 July 2014

same quilt, but different

Remember the Cotton + Steel quilt I showed you recently that was for issue 2 of Quilt Now (out the end of August)? Well, this is the other version using the same block but in a slightly different way.


I used a line from Dear Stella for this one (seaworthy). So far I haven't seen anyone in the UK stocking it, which is a shame because it's a great line (and has a pink colourway too, for a girly twist), but it may come sneaking over here eventually. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

And to remind you, this was the Cotton + Steel version....


I used some of the selvage from Cotton + Steel for a label. Which I happen to think was genius, but isn't really. I'm just so sleep deprived at the minute that walking seems genius to me (oh another genius thing - the backing is Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman wide screen. That's 108" wide for quilt backs. Thank you for your genius, Carolyn. Thank you very much. I got it from Fat Quarter Shop. I have since got much more).


(also - LOOK AT ME BLOGGING!!!!! Wow. Do wonders never cease?)

So, you can pick this pattern up in issue 2 of Quilt Now (end of August) but you can always pick up issue 1 now, because it's super pretty. Digital edition as well as real life paper ones are at www.moremags.com and you can find it out in the wild in sainsburys, asda, whsmith, morrisons and tesco (as well as some local quilt shops. If you want yours to stock it, tell them and then tell them to email me! I can hook them up, probably not for issue 1, but for future issues). And pink castle fabrics too (if any other US places pick it up I'll let you know but for now, that's your sole US store).

9 comments:

sophie said...

HI!! I love these banners quilt so much!! and I just received the first issue of your magazine: I think it is great and I love reading through it! i love the photos and interviews and the modern projects! way to go! it is amazing!

Archie the wonder dog said...

I can't wait to see issue two!

DIane Warburton said...

I still prefer your Cotton & Steel version but hey, that'd be about par for the course, as I never seem to choose the easy way out of things :-)

Sleep!!! xxx

Sarah said...

Just so you know I saw Quilt Now on Fat Quarter Shop's IG feed two days ago, they say that they have it available, so that's another US place. Congrats on such a fabulous first issue. I'm a hard customer for mags, but this for this one I've made the freebie, stitched the BOM, cut out fabric for the heart quilt and I'm basting a lot of apple cores to take on my hols. That's good going from one issue! (If I sound like a weird groupie, forgive me, just wanted you to know how inspirational issue one has been.)

Karen Gamble said...

Supe cute quilt x

salamanda said...

Love how versatile this pattern is and I'm looking forward to issue 2 coming through my letterbox in August

Danielle said...

Love it! That C&S version is one of my favouritest things you've made, methinks. Congrats on the mag - it's fab!! xx

mascanlon said...

In my mail today Quilt Now! So excited to check it all out after dinner. And what a fun surprise with the pincushion kit. Congratulations Katy!

Catherine said...

Gosh, you must be exhausted with all the pressure of the magazine and everything. I loved it, by the way. It's exasperating when you see beautiful fabrics but they are not available in the UK. Love the spin on the pattern.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive