Sunday, 20 July 2014

what's new, pussycats?

Well, hello. Are you still there?  I'm sorry things are so quiet around here, but I have been sewing stuff which means I have stuff to show you...but no time to blog it! Expect a deluge of blog posts verrrry soon.

Before all that, let's go shopping.

Brenda at Pink Castle has these awesome secret stash boxes. She puts them together every now and then and they are truly fantastic. There are 50 fat quarters from the shop, no linens, no solids just great designer prints from the shelves in store. Each FQ is different too, so it's a fantastic way to boost up your stash or to get started if you're a newbie. lus, they're $80 for 50 FQs, which works out at $6.40/yard, so they're great value too!


Indelible has also just arrived, the line from Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery Fabrics.  There's so much I love about this collection, it's so great on so many levels and is also masculine without being trucks and tractors.


Gleeful by Sew Caroline for Art Gallery has just arrived at Fat Quarter Shop. 

You might remember I made a nested churn dash block using Jane's pattern with this fabric. It's so fun and happy. I love it. (I really need to get some more so I can make that block into a quilt)



These seed prints from Blend at Sew Me A SOng would be so useful in any stash. I'd like them as binding instead of a dot.


At Bobbie Lou's Emily Herrick's new line for Michael Miller is in. Got to love those stags.


There's this really awesome Pearl Bracelets roll up at cuts of cotton

2.5" strips, 45 in total. Would that make a great rainbow quilt?


Skipping back over to the UK now and at the village haberdashery Far Far Away by Heather Ross (on quilting cotton) is in stock. Remember this line was printed on double gauze a few years ago, which was gorgeous but quilting cotton is soooooo much easier to work with.



Fabric HQ has had a delivery of laguna jersey by Robert Kaufman. These are great quality knits at a really reasonable price. 


KITTENS AND BUNNIES!!!! At Plush Addict!

these ones


and their friends the bunnies....


Simply Solids have a new Low Volume section in the shop with some great new additions from Art Gallery Fabrics



Backstitch have some new fabrics in stock. I am especially liking these ones...

this is a cambric (like a lawn)


this is one of my all time favourites from art gallery fabrics


and this is a lovely drapey viscose for dressmaking


I love the huge variety of fabrics at Elephant in My Handbag. This week this retro rockets print has grabbed my eye. It's lovely, isn't it?


And that's it for another week!
I am locking myself in the sewing room today and I will try to get a couple of blog posts written for this week. It's the summer holidays now, so I am kind of dreading the balance of going to work and having the kids. I don't think I'll be doing much sewing at all this summer because my days off will be spent doing stuff.
Work is great, making stuff is great, but I have realised since I started working outside the house that all too soon the kids will have grown up and I don't want them to look back and think they had all kinds of fun with their dad but I was always too busy.

4 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Ohh, nice roundup! Indelible for #6 perhaps?

Sue @ Quilting the Green Star said...

Thank you for all the shopping tips, I have been looking for the unicorn fabric for ages, hope you have a great weekend.

Jo Jo said...

I have been trying to get the Art Gallery Timberwolf print in that colour way in the UK for ages! Thank you :)

Nicky said...

I already have the bunnies!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive