Sunday, 27 July 2014

what's new, pussycats?

The school holidays have started, which means the husbeast and I spend the next 6 weeks trying to balance going to work with entertaining the children. Or at least, entertaining one and giving the teenager lifts/money etc. The weather has been a blessing so far, because ginge will just play outside (until far too late at night) when it's sunny and the husbeast is managing to structure his workng day around me going out to work and the kids being at school...which is a little scuppered in the school holidays. It's all so new and peculiar for us, this role reversal of me being the main worker bee and him being the main mama bee. (Also, can you believe it's almost a year since the drama of him being in hospital? Wow. I've booked that week off work, and I'm hoping we can get away and not ruin the teenager's birthday this year with ambulances and scary shit - pardon my French). It's really been some year, which I'm glad to say is much better now. Not completely back to how things were, but near enough to keep us all happy.

But enough of that....So, how about fabric?

There's 30% off all Japanese fabrics at Pink Castle Fabrics this weekend (ends today). Help her shift some stock in preparation for their shop move. Please help her, I know how many bolts she has and it's going to be one heck of a operation moving it all.

Find out more here or head straight to the store and use JAPAN30 at check out.

Japanese means nani iro too...and it's new stock, just in last week.


New in at fat Quarter Shop is seaworthy (remember I showed you a quilt made from that line last week?) It's so cute!


Cuts of Cotton have a gorgeous new bundle for Christmas (I know, it's summer, but let's think ahead, we need to start planning our Christmas quilts!)

It's actually just a great bundle for all year, I love these colours


A couple of great prints I spotted at Sew Me A Song.....

this one....



and this one......



A couple of great prints I spotted at Bobbie Lou's....

this one...



and this one...


Skipping over to the UK now to Plush Addict and I'm really pleased to see this has arrived from Dear Stella!


ALSO - there's a great competition going on to win a hamper of goodies worth over £250, plus 10% off all fabric (applied at checkout). It ends at midnight tonight, so get shopping! (more details are here)



Elephant in my handbag has some great plush fabrics in stock. Do you like using plush as quilt backs? I do, probably not so in the summer, but as the summer will be over in about a week and we'll be cold again, it seems sensible to mention them.


If, like me, you love Kelly's irish chain quilt that is featured on the village haberdashery site, with a tutorial, then you'll be pleased to know there's a bundle available


Here's the quilt, if you've missed it. And the tute is here


Low volume fabrics are now available at Simply Solids (I mentioned it last week, but it's worth another mention)

Loads and loads in the new section as well



Loads of new stuff at Backstitch too

Including moda bella solids, which seems like a very clever move to me, because there's not many stockists over here.



Last for this week, here's a couple of prints that grabbed my eye at Fabric HQ

this one (from Dashwood Studio)....



and this one (from Copenhagen Print Company)....



And that is it from me. I'm going to do a little bit of sewing this morning before it gets too warm, and then head down to my mother in law's to (hopefully) get enough sun on my legs to be able to show them bare in public. Have a lovely Sunday!

5 comments:

Nicky said...

I have started my Christmas quilt already with some Christmas fabrics you persuaded me to buy! And it's only July ! Hoping to get it finished with some bee help!

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

Wow! What a difference a year makes! So glad Warren is on the mend :)

Anita said...

Glad to hear your hubby is doing better, I was wondering how things were going :)

Izzy said...

My goodness Katy , I had no idea you had so many probs especially with hubby. I hope he is better and safe!


Wow! our school yr is different than ours. We start school Sept and end it in June. There are Holidays but never whole weeks until Spring Break sometime in March or April when everone goes wild ...
Im enjoying your show at QNN TV and also I think that if I spent more time sewing and less on the computer Id be less upset by other people's crap too !!

Sarah said...

It's such a juggling act, parenting and working. Good luck keeping all the balls in the air! I'm glad your husband is doing well now. I was just wondering the other day how things were. Can he work again now?

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive